The Boys & Girls Clubs is looking for responsible, reliable, and enthusiastic program leaders to help us create great futures for our youth!
The Boys & Girls Clubs is one of the largest Boys & Girls Clubs organizations in the state of Illinois. In partnership with our local school districts, we serve over 1,300 Club members throughout the year with after-school programming, summer programs, and athletic leagues. We are looking for program leaders who want a team-oriented and rewarding work environment to help children be supported and successful.
Our mission is to enable all kids to reach their full potential as productive, caring & responsible community members.
For more than 25 years, BGCDT has become the premier provider of after-school youth programming, moving from a safe-haven charity to an active change agent developing great futures for our youth.
Please note that you must be vaccinated to work for BGCDT.
Current Part-Time Open Positions
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Dundee Township is looking for responsible, reliable, and enthusiastic program leaders to help us create great futures for our youth!
Hours for Carpentersville Sites are Monday through Friday, either 2 pm-6:30 pm or 3-7 pm. Schedule flexibility and additional hours are available on a case-by-case basis.
Hours for Palatine Sites are Monday-Friday, 2 pm-6:00 pm during the school year, and 7:30 am-5:30 pm Monday- Thursday for summer.
Compensation varies from $15 to $17 per hour, depending on role and experience.
Looking for meaningful work with flexibility to fit your life?
•FREE school year fee for their child(ren)
•FREE summer camp for their child(ren) after three assignments
•FREE athletics for their child(ren) after three assignments
Hours: 2:15 – 6:00 pm or earlier
Starting Pay: $50 per afternoon
Job Title: After-School Enrichment Experience Coach
Employer: Boys & Girls Clubs of Dundee Township
Site Placement: Impact Center
Monday-Friday 1:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. during the school year, with possible additional “office hours” as needed and 12:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday- Friday during summer.
Responsible for planning, delivering, and overseeing fun, meaningful, and compelling program experiences for high school-aged youth members. Program experiences include cooking, sports/athletics, creative arts, technology, and other hands-on activities based on the Experience Coach’s background, interests, and skills.
Prepare Youth for Future Success
● Actively and collaboratively engage as a team member with Impact Center staff to meet program goals.
● Demonstrate leadership to meet conduct, safety, life, and employability skills development goals of members.
● Plan, prepare, and administer assigned daily Impact Center Member Experiences and Activities while providing supervision of High School Members. Prepare written experience plans detailing activity purpose, materials required, step-by-step process, and life and employability skills addressed.
● Deliver Club program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
● Record daily attendance of members in the activity.
● Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in impactful experiences and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
● We are providing recognition of members’ positive behavior and character traits.
● Please provide feedback and evaluation of experiences continually and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
● Serve as a positive force with a sincere interest in our member’s success.
Skills & Traits
● Coachable, adaptable, and flexible team attitude.
● Excellent organization and self-management skills.
● Passion for driving positive youth growth and development.
● Ability to recognize and reinforce positive youth behavior.
● May oversee special programs and events (i.e., Field Trips or Community Service Events).
● Programs and participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
● May be required to drive the Impact van periodically.
Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. To accurately complete all required paperwork. To professionally handle and/or get help to resolve conflict. Ability to follow instructions as given and/or directed by supervisor. The Assistant Director must obtain a valid Driver’s License to drive the Club Van.
To apply, please complete both the Application Interest Form as well as completing the Application Form. Please NOTE after clicking the “submit” button the page will redirect you to a platform where the Application Form must be completed.
Thank you for your interest in the Boys & Girls Clubs of Dundee Township.
Boys & Girls Clubs are more than simply a place; for many young people we are a sanctuary that provides a safe, nurturing environment to learn and grow. It is the dedication and support of caring adults that allows for this enrichment, hope and opportunity. As a leading youth services organization, we recognize that our excellence is largely achieved through talented and motivated staff. Our employees—whether they are full, part-time or seasonal—are integral to the success of the respective programs and the organization as a whole. Our staff are educators, coaches, performers, artists, mentors, community leaders, and ambassadors. As an organization, we are fortunate to enjoy the collegiality and expertise of a highly skilled, diverse and dedicated staff, and seek to recruit and hire only those individuals that will approximate these qualities and enhance the opportunities available to our members.
PART-TIME – YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
This position works directly with club members in a small group setting,10-15 kids. Staff will be engaged with club members in the following areas; recreation, meals, homework help, life skills, arts & crafts, leadership programs.
Hours: 15 – 20 per week
Time: 2:15pm – 6:30pm (Elementary school sites)
3:15pm – 7:00pm (Teen Sites)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Part-Time Youth Development Professionals’ responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
To apply and schedule an interview, please submit the form below:
20 S. Grove St., Suite # 201
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Phone: (847) 551-4309